It’s not your imagination. Americans love their phones. And they check them an average of 47 times a day.
They may be checking to see if they have a message from you. An SMS (short message service) that is.
Did You Know…
- SMS messages have a 98% open rate, and that represents a response that outstrips Facebook, email, and phone calls by 209%.
- Ninety percent of SMS messages are read within the first three minutes of receiving them.
- Coupons delivered via SMS are redeemed ten times more than other types of coupons.
- Ninety percent of business customers would rather receive a text than a phone call.
SMS allows your audience to receive text messages from you. It makes an attractive marketing channel because it is low-cost and has a high response rate.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Isn’t SMS regulated by the same laws that cover telemarketing? The FCC ruled in June of 2020 that “peer to peer” texting systems are not the same as automatic telephone dialing systems.
But aren’t there still privacy and compliance concerns? Of course. You can send SMS marketing to anyone who has “opted in,” and when you work with DirectMail.io, you can trust that your SMS marketing will always be 100% FCC compliant and legal.
What about the “do not call” lists? DirectMail.io runs each list through a “Do Not Call” database in order to protect the privacy rights of consumers and for security purposes.
The DirectMail.io outbound, human-powered SMS platform is designed specifically for Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) compliance, while providing a scalable and affordable marketing solution.
What You Can Do With SMS:
- Personalize your messaging with images, targeted ads, promotions, and discounts
- Have real conversations with customers when they respond to your message
- Initiate conversations through marketing messages
- Communicate directly through the DirectMail.io platform
- Cultivate relationships with customers
- Schedule your messages to coordinate with special events or for strategic timing in your campaign
SMS messaging is a great way to augment your direct mail, email marketing or social media marketing campaign. Use it to drive responses or begin new conversations, or grab your customers’ attention with promotions, or prizes.
DirectMail.io’s TCPA-compliant SMS solution is a convenient and cost-effective way to reach your audiences. Learn more about our SMS solutions at https://www.directmail.io/sms.