There are currently over 850,000 podcasts streaming. Should you be making it 850,001?
If you’ve been thinking about adding a podcast to your marketing strategy, there are some good reasons to take action. Here are a few stats that might make you motivated to start tuning up your vocal cords:
- Podcasting is on the Rise: In 2019, 51 percent of Americans over the age of 12 tuned into podcasts, an impressive jump up from 2018, when 44% were listening. That number has continued to increase.
- It’s a Great Way to Dispense Information: And it’s information that people want. Statista found that three out of four listeners were downloading podcasts to learn something new.
- Podcasting Leads to Sales: More than half (54%) of those listening to podcasts say that they are more likely to consider buying from a particular brand after hearing it promoted on a podcast.
While you’re mulling over these hard stats, let’s take a look at some of the benefits you might appreciate by jumping in on the podcasting trend:
You Build Relationships
One of your goals as a company is to engage with your audience, and podcasting is a great way to do it. They get a glimpse of your personality, and that glimpse may even grow into a feeling that they know you. You get a chance to talk, unfiltered, about things you have expertise in and give a distinctly human view of your brand.
Podcasting Requires Little Investment At First
You probably need to invest in a good microphone, but it won’t take much more of an investment to get started. You’ll be more effective investing a little time, rather than money, in a few important aspects around your podcast:
- Come up with a loose script. You don’t want to sound rehearsed, but you also don’t want 30 minutes of “ahhhs” and “ummms.”
- Think about a regular segment, like a question-and-answer or listener letter feature that will allow listeners to know what to expect.
- Repurpose your best content to get rolling with some good topics. If you have a blog or a video that has performed well, use it as a topic for your podcast.
Potential for Partnerships
You’ve spent years growing business relationships, and if any of your business associates are producing their own podcast, it’s a great time to help each other out. You can swap a guest appearance on one another’s podcasts and each get a vibrant episode, plus be sure to include a shout-out for one another.
Podcasting can be a valuable, low-investment content format for companies looking for a new way to reach audiences. Contact us at DirectMail.io for more information about how to get started with a podcast as part of an omnichannel, automated marketing solution. Or, if you would like to tune into our podcast, you can check it out on our Marketing Box YouTube Channel here.